Our pool. Our community. Our voices!
The city of Portland has proposed closing a vital community resource and historic neighborhood treasure in the summer of 2020. Without any input from the community, they aim to unceremoniously shutter a year-round resource for wellness and community congregation. Let’s make some noise to save Columbia Pool!
Your voice makes a big difference! Take action today—here’s how:
Call • Email • Submit comments • Show up • Spread the word • Join
Call your representatives
It takes just a few minutes to call and tell the city you oppose this unfair proposal. Please call the below officials. Not sure what to say? This sample call script can help.
- Ted Wheeler, Mayor: 503-823-4127
- Nick Fish, Commissioner: 503-823-3589
- Chloe Eudaly, Commissioner: 503-823-4682
- Amanda Fritz, Commissioner: 503-823-3008
- Jo Ann Hardesty, Commissioner: 503-823-4151
Email your representatives
Let the mayor and commissioners know what the pool means to you—and why you demand that the city keep it open. Unsure what to write? This sample email template can get you started.
- Ted Wheeler – Mayor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chloe Eudaly – Commissioner, chloe@PortlandOregon.gov
- Nick Fish – Commissioner (oversees Portland Parks and Recreation), email@example.com
- Amanda Fritz – Commissioner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jo Ann Hardesty – Commissioner, email@example.com
- Official contact email for Portland Parks and Recreation, ParksBudget@portlandoregon.gov
Submit a comment on the budget
Use the city’s online form to voice your dissent on this proposed budget cut.
Spread the word
This proposed closure would be a massive blow to North Portland, as well as negatively impact Portlanders across the city. Spread awareness and ask your neighbors and friends to speak out!
- Spread the word on social media with #SaveColumbiaPool—we’ll signal-boost your posts!
- Join our Facebook group, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram—share and like posts to get the word out
- If you’re able to hand out flyers, hang posters at local businesses, or distribute yard signs, fill out this form and we’ll get you print materials
- If you’re able to come by the pool on an evening or weekend to distribute flyers to pool-goers, sign up here for a tabling shift
Consider joining Friends of Columbia Park and becoming a Friend to show your support for our park and pool. You can also choose to contribute as a member. Your membership contribution will help support working with a coalition to Save Columbia Pool.